- Lowest crowds of the year!
- Prices have lowered!
- Possible to see Free Dining promotions around this time!
- Fun events happening this month!
- Daily afternoon showers can lower crowds even more!
- Peak Hurricane Season!
- Average temperature is about 89° (high)/74° (low).
- Still pretty HOT and humid!
- Peak Month of the Hurricane Season!
- I recommend purchasing Travel Insurance!
- Summer Clothes! Can have cool mornings and evenings though so pack a light jacket/sweater and a pair of pants just in case you need them.
- Halloween Costumes if planning to attend Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
- Nike Dri-Fit Clothes are great because they dry quicker, provide extra ventilation and provides UV protection! You will likely be wet from a water ride, rain or sweat!
- I always pack a light sweater for the restaurants b/c they feel like an icebox going in from the heat!
- Swimsuits! At least 2 per person so one has time to fully dry.
- I like swim shirts for the kids for extra sun protection.
- Sunglasses are always a must for adults!
- Ponchos! Good for water rides if you want to avoid walking around in wet clothes and plan on rain pretty much daily around 3pm!
- Hats and visors seem better for kids than sunglasses to block the sun from their eyes and cheaper than lost or broken sunglasses.
- Sunscreen is always a must in Florida! If you have to buy it here you will not forget it again! Cha-ching!
- Chapstick with SPF is always good because lips can get burnt too!
- If you are prone to cold sores this will help prevent them too.
- A Small Towel to wipe down seats on water rides, benches or chairs outside at quick service tables.
- Hand Sanitizer and Wet Ones Hand Wipes! It will seem like your kid literally touches everything in site!
- I even pack travel size Clorox Wipes for the plane seats and tray tables, hotel room light switches, door knobs, phone and remote control.
- To be even safer I always pack adult and children Allergy/Sinus Medicine. The summer pollen count can be pretty high.
- Sudafed (the kind you have to show your ID at the pharmacy for) is helpful for the ear congestion on the plane as well as sinus headaches you may get when vacationing in a different climate than you are used to.
- Ibuprofen or Tylenol for any kinds of aches and pains! Plan on LOTS of walking!
- I have been known to dose up on Echinacea the week before and during vacation to give the ol' immune system a booster!
- Speaking of prevention, L-Lysine (found in vitamin/supplement aisle) can help with cold sore prevention. The stress of all this planning can bring those suckers out!
- Adult and kid Pepto Bismol for possible upset tummies after all those yummy treats!
September 2018 Holidays and Events:
- September 3: Labor Day!
- Expect Low Crowds and even lower crowds after Labor Day!
- September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28 and 30: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
- October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31.
- August 30 – November 12: Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival!
September 2019 Holidays and Events:
- September 2: Labor Day!
- Most if not all of September: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- 2019 party dates not released yet!
- Most if not all of September: Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival
- 2019 start date not released yet!
September 2018 & 2019 Refurbishments:
- January, 2017 - 2019: Coronado Springs will be undergoing many refurbishments through 2019.
- September 4, 2018 - December 12, 2018: Coronado Springs Siestas Cantina, La Marina, Dig Site Spa, Lost City of Cibola Kiddie Pool, Lost City of Cibola Pool, Jaguar Slide and Iguana will be closed. Siestas Cantina will remain closed until 1/5/2019.
- February 1, 2017 - 2019: Caribbean Beach Resort - Barbados and Martinique sections demolished to later become Disney's Riviera Resort.
- May 1, 2017 - Fall, 2018: Caribbean Beach Resort - Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post Closed for Refurbishment.
- A variety of dining options, including Centertown quick service restaurant, grab and go items from different markets and food trucks will be available for all meals.
- July 27, 2017 - TBD: Caribbean Beach Resort - Disney Skyliner Construction underway.
- August, 2017 - December 31, 2019: Art of Animation will be undergoing constuction for a new gondala system called the "Disney Skyliner".
IF IT WAS MY VACATION (2018)...
- I would plan the week of September 4 - 10, 2018 because the crowds are not predicted to be more than a 3/10 the whole week and value prices return after Labor Day!
- Too early to plan this portion of the trip for 2019!
- What my week would look like:
- 9/4/18: Arrival Day; Tour and enjoy resort activities!
- 9/5/18: Epcot
- 9/6/18: Magic Kingdom Day #1
- 9/7/18: Animal Kingdom
- 9/8/18: Hollywood Studios
- 9/9/18: Magic Kingdom Day #2 OR Resort/Disney Springs day!
- 9/10/18: Departure Day; Check baggage at Airline Check-In on property (if staying at Disney Resort) and enjoy resort activities/pool until Magic Express picks us up!