- Weather starting to cool down a bit!
- Fun events happening this month!
- Rain chances have decreased quite a bit!
- Epcot can be pretty busy on the weekends.
- Average temperature is about 84° (high)/68° (low).
- Technically Hurricane Season is June 1 - October 30 on the Atlantic Coast.
- I recommend purchasing Travel Insurance!
- Summer Clothes! Can have cool mornings and evenings so pack a light jacket/sweater and a pair of pants just in case you need them.
- Nike Dri-Fit Clothes are great because they dry quicker, provide extra ventilation and provides UV protection! You will likely be wet from a water ride, rain or sweat!
- I always pack a light sweater for the restaurants b/c most of them seem pretty cold to me!
- Halloween Costumes if planning to attend Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
- Swimsuits! At least 2 per person so one has time to fully dry. It can get quite hot during the day by now!
- I like swim shirts for the kids for extra sun protection.
- All Disney parks and resort pools are heated year round to 82°!
- Sunglasses are always a must for adults!
- Ponchos! Even though rain channes have decreased a bit it is nice to have when your kids make you go on Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids! No one likes to be in damp clothes all day!
- Nike Dri-Fit Clothes are great because they dry quicker, provide extra ventilation and provides UV protection!
- Hats and visors seem better for kids than sunglasses to block the sun from their eyes and cheaper than lost or broken sunglasses.
- Sunscreen is always a must in Florida! If you have to buy it here you will not forget it again! Cha-ching!
- Chapstick with SPF is always good because lips can get burnt too!
- If you are prone to cold sores this will help prevent them too.
- A Small Towel to wipe down seats on water rides, benches or chairs outside at quick service tables. It is not uncommon to see rain in Florida no matter what month!
- Hand Sanitizer and Wet Ones Hand Wipes! It will seem like your kids literally touch everything in site!
- Flu season in the US technically starts in October!
- I even pack travel size Clorox Wipes for the plane seats and tray tables, hotel room light switches, door knobs, phone and remote control.
- To be even safer I always pack adult and children Cold Medicine. These bugs linger around no matter when you go!
- Sudafed (the kind you have to show your ID at the pharmacy for) is helpful for the ear congestion on the plane as well as sinus headaches you may get when vacationing in a different climate than you are used to.
- Ibuprofen or Tylenol for any kinds of aches and pains! Plan on LOTS of walking!
- I have been known to dose up on Echinacea the week before and during vacation to give the ol' immune system a booster!
- Speaking of prevention, L-Lysine (found in vitamin/supplement aisle) can help with cold sore prevention. The stress of all this planning can bring those suckers out!
- Adult and kid Pepto Bismol for possible upset tummies after all the trick or treating!
October 2018 Holidays and Events:
- October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
- August 30 – November 12: Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival
- Expect higher crowds at Epcot on the weekends! Locals love this event!
- October 8: Columbus Day!
- Expect HIGH Crowds October 6-8! They start to increase October 5th though.
- October 31: Halloween!
- Expect LOW Crowds October 22 - 31!
October 2019 Holidays and Events:
- October 1 - 31: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- 2019 party dates not released yet!
- October 1 - 31: Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival
- 2019 dates not released yet!
- October 14: Columbus Day!
- Expect HIGH Crowds October 12 - 14! They will start to increase October 11th though.
- October 31: Halloween
October 2018 & 2019 Refurbishments:
- January, 2017 - 2019: Coronado Springs will be undergoing many refurbishments through 2019.
- September 4, 2018 - December 12, 2018: Coronado Springs Siestas Cantina, La Marina, Dig Site Spa, Lost City of Cibola Kiddie Pool, Lost City of Cibola Pool, Jaguar Slide and Iguana will be closed. Siestas Cantina will remain closed until 1/5/2019.
- February 1, 2017 - 2019: Caribbean Beach Resort - Barbados and Martinique sections demolished to later become Disney's Riviera Resort.
- May 1, 2017 - Fall, 2018: Caribbean Beach Resort - Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post Closed for Refurbishment.
- A variety of dining options, including Centertown quick service restaurant, grab and go items from different markets and food trucks will be available for all meals.
- July 27, 2017 - TBD: Caribbean Beach Resort - Disney Skyliner Construction underway.
- August, 2017 - December 31, 2019: Art of Animation will be undergoing constuction for a new gondala system called the "Disney Skyliner".
IF IT WAS MY VACATION (2018)...
- I would plan the week of October 27 - November 2 because the crowds are predicted to be low that whole week and we could hit a Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! I would of course have to visit the Food and Wine Festival this week too!
- Too early to plan this portion of the trip for 2019!
- What my week would look like:
- 10/27/18: Arrival Day; Tour and enjoy resort activities!
- 10/28/18: Magic Kingdom Day #1
- 10/29/18: Epcot
- 10/30/18: Magic Kingdom Day #2 OR Resort/Disney Springs day!
- 10/31/18: Hollywood Studios
- 11/1/18: Animal Kingdom
- 11/2/18: Departure Day; Check baggage at Airline Check-In on property (if staying at Disney Resort) and enjoy resort activities/pool until Magic Express picks us up!