- Rare to see a ride closed for refurbishment.
- The almost daily 3pm rain shower can lighten up crowds a bit!
- Crowds increased due to summer break.
- Average temperature is about 90° (high)/73° (low).
- Can be very HOT and humid!
- Expect a daily 3pm rain shower!
- Technically Hurricane Season is June 1 - October 30 on the Atlantic Coast.
- I recommend purchasing Travel Insurance!
- Nike Dri-Fit Clothes are great because they dry quicker, provide extra ventilation and UV protection! You will likely be wet from a water ride, rain or sweat!
- I still pack myself a light sweater for the restaurants b/c it feels like an icebox going in from the heat!
- Swimsuits! At least 2 per person so one has time to fully dry.
- I like swim shirts for the kids for extra sun protection.
- Sunglasses are always a must for adults!
- Ponchos! Good for water rides if you want to avoid walking around in wet clothes and plan on rain pretty much daily around 3pm!
- Hats and visors seem better for kids than sunglasses to block the sun from their eyes and cheaper than lost or broken sunglasses.
- Sunscreen is always a must in Florida! If you have to buy it here you will not forget it again! Cha-ching!
- Chapstick with SPF is always good because lips can get burnt too!
- If you are prone to cold sores this will help prevent them too.
- A Small Towel to wipe down seats on water rides, benches or chairs outside at quick service tables.
- Hand Sanitizer and Wet Ones Hand Wipes! It will seem like your kid literally touches everything in site!
- I even pack travel size Clorox Wipes for the plane seats and tray tables, hotel room light switches, door knobs, phone and remote control.
- To be even safer I always pack adult and children Allergy/Sinus Medicine. The summer pollen count can get pretty high.
- Sudafed (the kind you have to show your ID at the pharmacy for) is helpful for the ear congestion on the plane as well as sinus headaches you may get when vacationing in a different climate than you are used to.
- Ibuprofen or Tylenol for any kinds of aches and pains! Plan on LOTS of walking!
- I have been known to dose up on Echinacea the week before and during vacation to give the ol' immune system a booster!
- Speaking of prevention, L-Lysine (found in vitamin/supplement aisle) can help with cold sore prevention. The stress of all this planning can bring those suckers out!
- Adult and kid Pepto Bismol for possible upset tummies after all those yummy treats!
June 2019 Holidays and Events:
- June 16: Father's Day!
June 2019 Refurbishments:
- January, 2017 - June 30, 2019: Coronado Springs will be undergoing a major remodel of the resort.
- Construction should not be heard between dusk and 9am.
- February 1, 2017 - 2019: Caribbean Beach Resort - Barbados and Martinique sections demolished to later become Disney's Riviera Resort.
- July 27, 2017 - TBD: Caribbean Beach - Disney Skyliner Construction underway.
- August, 2017 - December 31, 2019: Art of Animation will be undergoing constuction for a new gondala system called the "Disney Skyliner".
- November 2017 - July 31, 2019: Disney Springs (West Side) will be demolishing the old "Disney Quest" and turning it into the NBA Experience which is planned to open the Summer of 2019!
IF IT WAS MY VACATION (2019)...
- I would plan the week of June 15 - 21 because some schools have not went on summer vacation yet so crowds could be a bit less than later in the month. We love to spend Father's Day at Disney too!
- What my week would look like:
- 6/15/19: Arrival Day; Tour and enjoy resort activities!
- 6/16/19: Magic Kingdom Day #1
- 6/17/19: Hollywood Studios
- 6/18/19: Animal Kingdom
- 6/19/19: Magic Kingdom Day #2 OR Disney Springs/Resort Day
- 6/20/19: Epcot
- 6/21/19: Departure Day; Check baggage at Airline Check-In on property (if staying at Disney Resort) and enjoy resort activities/pool until Magic Express picks us up!