- Low to average crowds most of the month except the week of President's Day.
- Prices low the first week of the month.
- Good time to do something romantic with your honey! You earn bonus points for planning something romantic especially when its at Disney!
- Common time for ride closures/refurbishments especially water rides or water parks.
- It can be cold! Weather is starting to warm up compared to January but you can still have cool days.
- Average temperature is about 74° (high)/53° (low).
- Layers are the best!
- Plan on cool mornings and evenings with mostly pleasant afternoons.
- I have been in 90° weather in February wishing I had a suit on!
- All Disney parks and resort pools are heated year round to 82°!
- Even though February is not "rainy season" it is nice to have when your kids make you go on Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids (assuming they are not under refurbishment)!
- Sunscreen is always a must in Florida even with cooler temperatures!
- Chapstick with SPF and Lotion can come in pretty handy.
- It can get quite windy occasionally. Clown lips and alligator skin are not appealing!
- A Small Towel to wipe down seats on water rides, benches or chairs outside at quick service tables.
- It is not uncommon to see rain in Florida no matter what month!
- Hand Sanitizer and Wet Ones Hand Wipes!
- February is considered the peak of flu season and it will seem like your kids literally touch everything in site!
- I even pack travel size Clorox Wipes for the plane seats and tray tables, hotel room light switches, door knobs, phone and remote control.
- Adult and children Cold Medicine. Tis the season no matter where you are!
- Sudafed (the kind you have to show your ID at the pharmacy for) is helpful for the ear congestion on the plane as well as sinus headaches you may get when vacationing in a different climate than you are used to.
- Ibuprofen or Tylenol for any kinds of aches and pains! Plan on LOTS of walking!
- I have been known to dose up on Echinacea the week before and during vacation to give the ol' immune system a booster!
- Adult and kid Pepto Bismol for possible upset tummies after all those yummy treats!
February 2019 Holidays and Events:
- February 1 -3: National Dance Team Championship
- Expect Moderate Crowds!
- February 3: Super Bowl Sunday!
- No effect on crowds; Still Moderate from Dance Championship
- February 9 - 10: National High School Cheerleading Championship
- Expect Moderate Crowds
- February 18: President's Day!
- Expect HIGH CROWDS 2/15/19 - 2/19/19
- February 20 - 25: Disney Princess Half Marathon
- Expect Moderate Crowds
February 2019 Refurbishments:
- January, 2017 - June 30, 2019: Coronado Springs will be undergoing a major remodel of the resort.
- Construction should not be heard between dusk and 9am.
- February 1, 2017 - 2019: Caribbean Beach Resort - Barbados and Martinique sections demolished to later become Disney's Riviera Resort.
- August, 2017 - December 31, 2019: Art of Animation will be undergoing constuction for a new gondala system called the "Disney Skyliner".
- November 2017 - July 31, 2019: Disney Springs (West Side) will be demolishing the old "Disney Quest" and turning it into the NBA Experience which is planned to open the Summer of 2019!
IF IT WAS MY VACATION (2019)...
- I would plan February 1 - 7 because crowds and prices are predicted to be pretty low that week!
- What my week would look like:
- 2/1/19: Arrival Day; Tour and enjoy resort activities!
- 2/2/19: Animal Kingdom
- 2/3/19: Magic Kingdom Day #1 OR Disney Springs/Resort Day
- 2/4/19: Epcot
- 2/5/19: Hollywood Studios
- 2/6/19: Magic Kingdom Day #2 (If I had to pick one Magic Kingdom day this week, this would be preferred over 2/3/19)
- 2/7/19: Departure Day; Check baggage at Airline Check-In on property (if staying at Disney Resort) and enjoy resort activities/pool until Magic Express picks us up!